I’m often asked, “How do I know if I’m a Witch or Wizard?” I can often tell that if the person is genuinely curious, they are nervous. They have it in their mind that a person who is into magic sits in their parent’s basement and plays with wands and dresses in robes. That is what this world has reduced magic to. This is because the world is in the masculine mindset and has been for the last 5,000 years or so. A true Witch or Wizard has tapped into the power of the sacred feminine. People fear the feminine energy because they don’t understand it. We have brutalized and suppressed the sacred feminine. Governments and religions have put the world into a severe masculine mindset. We have no idea what sacred masculine or sacred feminine actually is. Everything about this world from the top to the bottom is ME, ME, ME!!! The ego will not clip its own wings. This is why chaos was so important to the ancients, it takes chaos to clip the wings of the ego. Chaos gives you a chance to break the false self-image.
If you are questioning about being one, you have overcome one of the biggest steps. You see how fake the world is. If the world no longer makes sense, you could be on your way to waking up. Just because you are awake, doesn’t mean you are a Witch or Wizard. First and foremost a Witch and Wizard are a free spirit who have mastered their own mind. So how would you know if you could naturally be a Witch or Wizard or if someone you know might be one? Here are some traits of a Witch or Wizard.
- Witches and Wizards not only love solitude, they prioritize it. They have overcome the voice in their head and love to be alone. Being around the masses actually drains a Witch or Wizard. Solitude is where they have their greatest insights. They don’t mistake aloneness for loneliness.
- Witches and Wizards are very individualistic. They embrace who they are without judgement, which means they love themselves. They know how important it is to be an individual. They get meaning from within, conscious of internal and external, matter and mind, spiritual and material, sharing and ebb and flow. They have self fulfillment and don’t care what others think about them. They have their own values, dreams and passions. They trust their premonitions as if they had an internal crystal ball.
- Witches and Wizards love to learn and have an insatiable curiosity. They are capable of seeking the truth at all costs. They are only interested in experiences that expand the mind and soul. This is why you will never find one of them in religion or politics. They see every life experience as an opportunity to learn and grow. They are open-minded, but have no patience for ignorance. They know in todays age of information that ignorance is a self-made prison. They don’t mind helping others learn, but once belief gets in the way they are done. To them ignorance is the greatest evil. They understand how much they don’t know because if they don’t know it, they can learn it.
- Witches and Wizards lead healthy lives. They understand a healthy body helps creates a healthy mind and soul. A healthy mind helps create a healthy body and soul. A healthy soul helps create a healthy mind and body. They understand they are all connected. This is why you will never see them eating at a fast food restaurant. They exercise because it gives them mental clarity, confidence and overall happiness. They understand exercise is a stress reliever and can help regulate the information coming in. They are born adventurers and discoverers.
- Witches and Wizards believe nothing is impossible. They don’t waste time focusing on limitations and negatives. They understand that we impose our own limits. If we set a limit, it implies there is an unlimited. When we impose a limit, we are already beyond it. They understand that people judge others by their own limitations.
- Love runs deep to those who Witches and Wizards let in their lives. Witches and Wizards surround themselves with people who accept them for who they are. If you are in the life of a Witch or Wizard, you are on holy ground in their personal life. They are not social butterflies. When it comes to friends, it is quality over quantity.
- Witches and Wizards love nature. Being in nature gives their mind a chance to wonder and ponder. They are in awe of nature. They can go for walks or just sit in nature and do nothing and feel right at home. They do not fear nature or themselves. They know they are part of nature. They long to be as close to Mother Nature as possible, so they can be in her beauty and power. They feel comfortable in storms. As a matter a fact they revel in the power of Mother Nature. Animals are naturally attracted to Witches and Wizards. They love animals so much that they cry emphatically with the creatures on this planet. They have a high emotional intelligence with all life forms. They are drawn to the Moon and natural crystals. The beauty of the moon takes their breath away. Most can’t walk by a garden without getting their hands dirty. They can hear the birds and insects every time they go outside.
- Witches and Wizards are in charge of their own lives. They are the captain of their own ship. They don’t have the ‘poor little me’ attitude. They have a powerful sense of personal responsibility. They are seekers of significance and meaning. Things don’t just happen to them they command whatever happens to them. They don’t bow down to anyone or anything because divinity is within themselves not outside of themselves. Their intuition leads them.
- Witches and Wizards are very creative. They are involved in one or more type of art forms because they love art. They use imagination to create art and their lives. They love what they do and do what they love. They know creativity is what distinguishes us from all other creatures and creative genius is what entitles us to think of ourselves as gods and goddesses. Even as an adult they will play and be incomprehensible to the masses.
- Witches and Wizards are highly adaptable. They can handle change and love fate. This is one reason why the ancients saw them as serpents, they are able to shed their skin. They are flexible and can thrive in different settings. They can adapt regardless to the restrictions or complications placed upon them. I find this one the most important. Religion tried its best to exterminate all the Witches and Wizards, yet we are still here.
- Witches and Wizards see things other people can’t see. They can have visions and dreams of past lives and future. They know this is not all there is and they don’t believe in coincidences. They seek natural and energetic remedies, for this reason they are drawn to the healing arts.
I hope this helps some of you that are wondering about trying magic. Maybe you see these traits in yourself or maybe you can see them in someone you know. Magic can be fun and it is life changing. The most important thing for magic is an imagination. These are just a few traits that came to mind. Did I miss any? Let me know in the comments. For you theologians that are about to put satan worshippers in the comments, try to educate yourself before you show the world your ignorance.